Friday, April 30, 2021

Building FSM Tribute Kit #1 by Bar Mills Pt.2

This is the last installment of the Bar Mills FS&M Tribute kit #1 build. I didn't use the colors of the pilot for the remaining two building. I painted the walls of the engineering building in greenish yellow. It was the first time I used that paint although it had been sitting on the shelf for good 9-10 years. I've been hesitant to try it. To my surprise it lost all green though. I also used a gear charm as a sign. I bought a bag of these thinking I could use them as a clutter, but they are just too big for the HO scale.
I used green/green painting scheme for the link and chain company. It had been so long since I painted another building that way. I had to invert the colors of the "painted" sign though to make it noticeable. The black background with white letters would have drowned in the green.
I thought I did a better job on the engineering building, but the FB crowd favorite was the link and chain company. Surprise!

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment