Thursday, May 2, 2013

Project Update: McGee's Hotel by Micro-Scale Models

The McGee's Hotel is ready to leave for its permanent home now. Adding tarpaper roofing turned out to be not so pleasant task. The material provided in the kit is black regular construction paper. As I learned building Dubois store my weathering technique doesn't work on it. Powders get absorbed into paper and disappear. The other "feature" I have observed as well is that black construction paper tends to turn pink over time if exposed to the light. Therefore, I painted roofing material with craft paint first. I used lighter gray which was a part of the problem. The paint chipped off along cut line exposing black. It didn't look good at all so I painted roof over but next time around I will replace this paper with masking paper that I really like and use original for interior screen.
Overall it was quite pleasant experience. I may consider obtaining few of Microscale kits myself. They have interesting line of waterfront structures and they have dropped their kit prices a little as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment