Friday, July 13, 2012

Project Update: Raglan Road by Bar Mills

Finally I can do an update on Raglan Road progress. I received the parts I needed sometime in the middle of June. However, I had to repeat same process of sanding, priming, painting to get to the point I was before I discovered the problem with the walls.
Everything is coming together quite well. I have run into two issues that I would like to mention. I am not sure if there still is an error in template for parts or the fact that different wood parts had to go through different environments and because of that they have expanded/contracted at different rate but I have ended up with a quite big gap on the front right side. However, I am not worried much since tower will go there and will cover the gap. Other gap is in the back. In my opinion that narrow piece of the wall is a too narrow. This gap is a bit more problematic because nothing is going to cover it naturally. Therefore, I'll glue piece 2x2 there and no one will be able to say that it doesn't belong there. Alternatively water spout could go there as well. It all could have been my mistakes but this is exactly reason I am not a big fan of such kind of internal structure this kit has. I agree it makes model very sturdy but it is very hard to make adjustments. Usually problem occurs when other parts are already in place and sanding no longer is an option. Anyway, I think I am in a good shape and will get everything fixed.




No comments:

Post a Comment