Friday, January 20, 2012

Project Update: American Seltzer Company by Bar Mills

The American Seltzer coming together without any big problems. Bar Mills engineering in general is good. The problems I had so far are as follows. Two wrong windows. Included were 2 extra 12 pane windows and 2 8 pane windows were missing. Fortunatelly, I had two just the right size only not hi def version as included with the kit. Too wide front loading dock ceiling or too high side wall. Depends on how do you look at it. Slot for back loading dock too low. Bracing for side addition has to be offset by 1/16. However, it is visible through the windows if used so I think it is better if it is omitted. I don't think bracing is really needed there. It is all possible that roofing material is incorrectly precut in the area where roofs of taller part of the structure and side addition meet. The roofing material positions are engraved on chip board roofing. I just installed it and two mentioned roof sections don't meet at engraving. Everything else matches perfectly so I tend to discount possibility of assembly error.




No comments:

Post a Comment