Friday, January 20, 2017

Building Green Dragon kit by FOS Pt.1

When it comes to the lunch breaks, I am having some chaotic phase right now. I don't have a single project that I can work on for few weeks straight. If you remember, I have about 30 unfinished projects but none of them qualify as full time lunch break project. They all need something that can be done at home only. I am trying my best not to add any new kits to the shame list so I am working on one kit for a day or two until I hit an obstacle, then switch to the next. It works for the most part but one day it failed and I had to dig into my box of shame. I ended up pulling out FOS Green Dragon Restaurant. It had all walls painted and weathered, the windows installed. I don't remember why did I put it on the back burner but I remember the reason why I started. It was one of the guilt builds after I bought a number of FOS kits. The intention was to construct it quickly and use it later as part of larger diorama. I wanted to extend it a little by adding a dragon sign and a pigeon coop. I added the dragon. I used a charm which I got off of eBay. The pigeon coop is still under consideration. It all depends if I have enough room on the roof. Also I had a happy accident while applying a "painted" sign. I messed it up and after I removed it there was some ink left that resembled faded sign. I decided to leave it as is instead of gluing another sign over. That kind of summarizes the past.
Looking into the future, the intention this time around is to do one structure diorama. I already have an idea for the figures and I am determined to go all the way. However, if someone approaches me with a reasonable offer to buy just the structure, I don't think I will decline it.



No comments:

Post a Comment