Saturday, January 14, 2017

Building Graves Elevators by Bar Mills Pt.3

Few years back I obtained the Bar Mills Money's Plumbing kit. Since I am model builder and not a collector, I opened the box. To my disappointment there was no dry transfer included. The instructions mentioned the fact and the explanation was given that it was due to the difficulty of application. It has been in the back of my mind ever since. After I saw that Graves had three and even more intricate dry transfer signs I was very worried. Mess up one and the look of the building isn't going to be the same. It turns out I worried for no reason. It was repetitively easy to get the signs off the carrier sheet and onto the wall. It is all possible I had no problems because the transfers were new though. Perhaps the story could have been different have I had old ones. I guess the moral of the story is, build your kits, don't keep them in the boxes until dry transfers go bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment