Saturday, January 18, 2014

Project Update: Texaco Gas Station by Micro-scale Models

While posting pictures yesterday I noticed that they had slight lemon yellow tint to them. I have been using same light setup and custom white balance for quite some time. Then I realized it must have been new goose-neck LED lamp I bought at IKEA couple of weeks ago. I think it was on at the time I was taking pictures. I bought the lamp to give me some more light in my work area. I wanted stronger light but I couldn't justify the price of bigger fixture. I found this small light that was producing quite strong light for its size. It isn't big enough to light entire workbench but is very good for spot lighting. Apparently the light is strong enough to mess with my pictures though.
The gas station is making baby steps but is surely moving forward. I could swear I had somewhere a file with scanned enlarged Texaco signs. I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway I repeated the process yesterday and printed the signs. Now I have to weather them and glue over existing ones. I have mentioned why I want to do this in one of the earlier posts but I don't want to make anyone go back and look for it. Basically, dry transfer signs don't weather well. Anything I use just runs off without staining them. The signs look too new. Therefore I am replacing with ones. To make sure they completely cover old signs I have enlarged them a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment