Saturday, July 9, 2022

Building Moscone Bonds by FOS Pt.3

I am typing this well after I finished the kit. At the time I completed diorama it had been under construction a few months short of four years. In my last build update I said I had windows upside down. Usually this kind of mistake discourages me and the project gets shelved, but I don't think that was the case with Moscone Bonds. I always remember it having the roof on. For a long time all it needed was the final weathering and getting the scenery done, but I just couldn't make myself to do it.
I thought I used Tichy street signs on some other project before Moscone, but I couldn't find any evidence of that. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. Anyway, initially I was very skeptical about them. Let's face it, the stop sign is molded in red plastic including the pole it is on and obviously has plastic look to it. However, with some treatment it can be turned into a decent looking street sign. By treatment I mean spraying the sign with Dulcote, painting the pole and the back of the sign, and some weathering. I definitely see myself using more of them going forward.








No comments:

Post a Comment