Saturday, July 24, 2021

Kimball Print Shop by FOS

A little detour in my FSM journey, but influenced by my last build. The FOS monthly club kits are small structures that don't require a lot of effort. Nonetheless, the majority of them are fairly interesting. Others would possibly disagree with me, but I found the Kimball Print Shop lacking the spark so I modified it.
The changes I made weren't big, but quite significant for a structure of such size. I replaced the clapboard siding of the first floor with stucco. I glued the windows inside out to make them look more like masonry. Also, I moved one because after removing the bump it was in an odd spot. The bump ended up on the second floor. Finally, I covered the roof with "tin sheets" instead of the tarpaper.
I hate to be patting myself on the back, but I think the resulting structure has more character than the original.








4 comments:

  1. Great work Ince again Vilius. Really like the changes you made to the structure, especially the stucco siding on the first floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do i get this building kit ?

      Delete
    2. It was FOS Scale Models monthly subscription kit. You had to be a subscriber to get it. Your best option is eBay. There is one being auctioned off at the moment. If you don't like eBay join Modelers Forum at modelersforum.com and ask if someone is willing to sell theirs. There are plenty of monthly kit subscribers there. Good luck!

      Delete