Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Building G.Wilikers Machinery Wholesale by Fine Scale Miniatures Pt.1

I am not sure if it is good decision or not, but I started my Facebook modeling page. It is called "Vilius' Workbench Chronicle". This is where my  "On the workbench today" posts for the past two months ended up. I fell for the convenience, I guess...
I think I am past half way point building the G.Wilikers kit. I am starting to "plant" the sub-assemblies on the diorama base. It is coming to life now. It was a lot of hard work to get to this. Perhaps I would work faster if I adopted "good enough" approach. Only I can't make myself do that. I joke about it, but I might have OCD after all. I have had some thoughts in the past of building models professionally. The truth is I would go broke in no time.








2 comments:

  1. Ciao vorrei fare un tetto come in quest'ultima foto,ma non so come farlo così preciso come il tuo.Sto facendo una casa a due piani e non so come fare il tetto che combaci perfettamente con l'altra falda della altra costruzione .Se mi puoi dare delle indicazioni ti sarò molto garto .Grazie Ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roof is made with Campbell shingles. They are available here https://www.campbellscalemodels.com/product_p/0800.htm
      In case you can't get them where you are you can cut them yourself. It is very time consuming and tedious process. To give you an idea how to cut look at the pictures here. https://kcworkshop.com/products/ho-scale-shake-shingles
      I glue the shingles while the roof is still flat. Then I spray them with Rust-Oleum khaki color Camouflage paint. To get an idea of the color follow this link https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/camouflage-spray?ls=1917830&lc=Khaki
      Once the roof is on I apply weathering powders. White, very dark green (almost black), brown. Then I apply black/brown oil wash to blend the powders together. Once it is dry I dry brush with gray acrylic paint. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have questions.

      Delete