Friday, September 28, 2012

Project Update: Truck Stop kitbash based on EF13B by RailroadKits.com

Although I am in a state of serious sleep deprivation this week I decided last night to sacrifice 15 minutes of sleep time and take some pictures. I think the diorama still needs 6-8 hours to get it done. I am not sure if I will be able to dedicate that much time this weekend...
My experiment with telephone keys, some styrene, electronic components, and leftover window spue has yielded quite decent result. Some commercial shelves looks like are more detailed but nothing beats free. As well I get better satisfaction doing something like this than painting a casting. I will definitely make more shelves for other projects as well.
The canopy supports proved to be too weak so I needed something that would make canopy assembly more rigid. while wiring may look like it is just a detail in fact it keeps canopy from moving in depth direction.







No comments:

Post a Comment