Friday, October 17, 2014

Building Clothespin and Broom Handle Factory by Micro-scale Models Pt.2

Last night I received an email from Bar Mills what initially I thought was their Christmas kit announcement. Instead it contained a link to their promo video. The video is nicely done and features some kind of Muppet. I can't really tell who it is since I haven't seen the show, but fans of it perhaps could recognize him. The video didn't reveal more info than I already knew though. The kit includes 7 buildings and only 100 kits will be made. In case you don't receive the newsletters form Bar Mills, the link is http://youtu.be/RVswgUFgD0E.
On the other note, my overconfidence in my experience in building Micro-scale kits has bit me. I was so sure that the plaster base was going to have 1/16" raise for the inside of the building that I didn't unpack the castings. I braced the walls leaving 1/16" at the bottom. Two days ago I finally unpacked the castings and found that raise goes all the way to the bottom of the freight doors, i.e. is about 1/2" high. Therefore, last night I had a lot of "fun" trimming the bracing and cut my finger in the process. What has made it a little easier is that the Clothespin factory is large and for the most part access to the inside is good. Anyway, I have completed this unpleasant task and I am ready to move on to more interesting things. I may not get to them until next week though. I have pretty busy weekend ahead of me. Cirque du Soleil tonight. Craft beer festival tomorrow and Halloween theme play on Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment