Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Project Update: Ideal Hosiery by FOS Scale Models

Almost daily I visit GPM web site to check what is new in paper modeling world. GPM prints its own and as well sells model kits of other manufacturers. Today I dug deeper than usual and came to realization how much I have missed over the past few years. Is this the sign that it is time to switch back? Possibly. I think I have learned few tricks that I could successfully apply in paper modeling and make my models better. Cross pollination is a good thing. I shouldn't jump in with both my feet and build Halinski model though. Halinski models fit together very well but have large number of parts. Some of them are very small. It requires a lot of patience to build models like that. I am thinking maybe Maly Modelarz kit would be the right one for the time being. I'll let this idea to simmer for a little bit. The Olympics are underway and I don't spend much time modeling. After all Winter Olympics are my favorite. I like them better than Summer.
What all of this has to do with Ideal Hosiery? Nothing at all. I just felt like going off topic. Lets get back though.
I have applied Sculptamold and light weight spackle and painted everything brown. Before I applied  Sculptamold I mixed in some black and brown tempura paint powder. While wet mixture looked very dark after it dried it turned into light pink. I did this as an experiment. The idea is to color Sculptamold so I don't have to paint it over. Plus I have a lot of tempura paint powder and nothing to use it for. I bought it because I wanted to do zip texturing but it didn't work out. That powder has to be good for something.
I have finished the shed as well. To weather the roof I used George Sellios method from Elijah Roth kit. It didn't turn exactly the way I expected. I wanted more rust build up at the seams and less of it everywhere else. Anyway, it isn't a big of a deal and I can live with what I have.
The next step is to glue structures down. All I need is to find some free time. Our office may get closed  tomorrow due to freezing rain. The opportunity for some modeling is right there but only if power lines don't go down...




No comments:

Post a Comment