Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Project Update: Finescale Miniatures JS-13 Elijah Roth & Sons

Finally I have working board with test LEDs which are whatever I could find in a box. It turned out to be 4 reds and 1 green. The board has extra power plug for +12V which I added because I was not careful enough programming microcontroller. The pin I designated for short blue light flash (last from the left) has dual purpose. It can be either output or RESET signal input but only one or another at a time. To make pin an output special bit in the microcontroller has to be programmed. However, once programmed output cannot be changed to RESET input using just +5V power supply. This is where +12V comes in.


The code has been debugged is working the way I want. In the following video from left to right LEDs are initial blue welding flash, welding light, exterior lighting, interior lighting 1, and interior lighting 2. I suggest watching videos in YouTube by clicking on YouTube text in the bottom right of the player.



In the following video LED order is reversed.


Next step is to build mill mock up for LED placement testing and finalizing the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment