Friday, December 9, 2011

Project Update: Decker's Tar Soap by FOS Scale Models

This is yet another commissioned project. I built last FOS structure about a year ago. It isn't that I don't like Doug's kits. It is quite opposite. I would build pretty much any of them and have few kits stashed away. My problem is time and those unfinished projects. I should have a bit more time in upcoming few months...
Decker's Tar Soap kit is limited edition and is sold out. I am glad I have an opportunity to build it without having to do hunting on eBay. I am painting it in Karl Scholz's signature color. It is Floquil CN Gray #17. Well... To be exact I am not using Floquil. I have two problems with solvent based paints. First, I get a headache while working with them. Must be psychological. Second, I am not sure if my painting technique would work with Floquil. So... I painted a piece of paper with CN Gray, took it to Sherwin-Williams store, and asked them to match. Now I have life time supply of #17 paint. I wasn't sure how would windows and doors turn out so I painted them with Floquil though.
I didn't use all walls for the photo. I have decided to leave some uninteresting pieces out in order to have less crowded picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment