Thursday, September 17, 2015

Building Smith Coal & Ice by Railroadkits Pt.1

Two days ago I got home after work very late. I took my car for a maintenance and missed my more less OK traffic window. I had a plan to build some models that night but after spending some time looking for the tools and supplies I finally gave up. Instead I decided put together a shelving unit, get things out of the boxes and get at least a little bit more organized. It wasn't easy. Under normal circumstances whenever I bring new thing it somehow finds its place. When everything is out of place at once it becomes huge puzzle. I managed to get about 15% of stuff organized that evening but at the same time I came to the realization that after I put in another shelving unit, bookcase, and a table I pretty much won't have room left for a layout. I'll have to make some radical changes when/if I start one.
I have been building Smith Coal for some number of moons. It is my filler project. Whenever I can't go to the next step while working on a big project or simply get tired of it I get out Smith Coal. I am not so far from the point when I will have to start turning it into diorama but it may be also the point where it stalls. I have a little backlog to take care of first.



1 comment: