Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Building Shady Grove Texaco by Bar Mills Pt.2

This is the season. FSM has announced their new kit. After several years of disappointment they have finally released something I really like. Still no credit card or PayPal orders though. I truly believe not accepting them is hurting the sales. It is much easier to put something on a credit card than spend hard earned cash. It is even easier to buy with PayPal Credit and have 6 months to pay. With several major kits releases coming every fall majority of modelers have to make decisions which one or two to get. Guess who wins. The one who makes it easier to order. Anyway, I am not running FSM. Nor polls, nor hurting sales can't convince them to add something as simple as PayPal button to their web site.
While I was typing Southriver Modelworks has released their latest which may as well be their very last kit. It is smaller than usual but still very interesting kit. People will line up over night to get this one. I may grab 5 of them and then profit on eBay.
Today's update isn't really new. I cut out diorama base, applied dirt and some scenery at the same time as for FOS Magic Shop. The thought was that I could do more by working on several dioramas at once. Time savings would come from gathering all tools and supplies and cleaning afterwords. I would have to do all this only once. It worked in some degree. I had three dioramas and they were taking up too much space. I had to move them around to get access and it wasn't convenient. Most likely I won't do this again unless I get more space.
The pictures are perhaps 6 weeks old but I haven't done anything to diorama since then so they reflect true current status.



2 comments:

  1. It is nice to see new kits released. I am looking forward to "kit season".

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting time. Unfortunately it will be one less kit next year. Several years ago someone said that Railscale Miniatures was new Southriver but since then RSM stopped making new kits. It looks like the void won't get filled at least any time soon.

      Delete