Thursday, August 28, 2014

Project Update: Mill Housing by Microscale Models

I came across an eBay listing this week where seller said he bought the kits to work on them after he retired but got seriously sick before he was able to get to them. It wasn't the first auction, I have seen quite few like that before. I wouldn't have paid much attention this time like many times before, but coincidentally earlier this week I listened to a Model Railcast Show episode where its host Ryan Andersen announced that he had stage 4 lung cancer. And he is only 47. Sad, but it is life. This is why I don't believe in this whole "I'll do when I retire" thing. It is all possible that even if I reach retirement age, I may be half blind and my hands may shake bad. Therefore, I am making all these models now and I am not waiting until I retire. I suggest you do the same.
Does finishing third kit make me Microscale expert? Maybe not but now I have pretty good idea what their kits are. Before starting McGee's I had no clue and there was so little information on the net so I was a little uneasy. Not anymore. I can take a Microscale kit anytime.
I would like to mention Tichy outhouses that come with the kit. I really like them. They are easy to build, inexpensive and can be added to almost every diorama. I need to get some from my LHS. I only wish Tichy had them in few different styles.









No comments:

Post a Comment