Thursday, December 5, 2013

Project Update: Gritty McDuff's by Bar Mills

Following pictures are pre-Thanksgiving. Since last update I have taken time to prepare and paint all castings and because of it progress isn't that evident. I don't have much to say about the project though. I haven't encountered big issues nor I have tried new techniques.
On another note I feel like me and Bar Mills are growing apart. I am still big fan of their older kits but new ones that are coming out just don't capture my attention. I hope their decisions are dictated by the market and they are doing well. It is all possible that I have become more selective. The number of kits available from all manufacturers combined is so large and time to build  them is so limited that I have to think 10 times before I reach for my wallet. The kit of the size of the latest Bar Mill offering has to be exceptional. Packing with material and providing value for money is great but can I go through all the parts provided and build a model without abandoning it in the middle of process because it is taking too long and I become bored? I am hoping I am lone in such thoughts and Bar Mills has great sales.






No comments:

Post a Comment