Friday, August 9, 2013

Project Update: Finescale Miniatures JS-13 Elijah Roth & Sons

I am back after quite long hiatus. Although I returned from my three week vacation about month ago for the past three weeks I've had guests. That has impacted my ability to work on models but I have managed to get few things done.
One of the tasks I have completed is almost two years old lighting project. In my last ER post I said I was going to build some mock ups so I don't mess up the kit trying things out. I made them while ago but never got around to do testing. I was planning on doing it as first thing after getting back to this project, then I figured that I could do few more things until I absolutely needed to install lights. Therefore I built two sheds and then got to the point where procrastination was no longer an option so I finally did it. I shot a video also. It isn't of the best quality. For some reason after awhile my camera lost focus so I had to trim off second welding sequence. Resulting video was kind of short in my opinion so  I cloned first sequence. The camera didn't pick up welding light color as well. It is very blue in the video. In reality the light is cool white which has some blue in it.


Although it is one of the last steps in the instructions I want to make a stream before any structures go on. I've heard some horror stories of Evirotex leaking and as well getting old and not curing. I think it is safer and easier to handle potential problems when diorama is just few blocks of foam as it is now. I hope next time to have a picture of nice stream without flies stuck to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment