Monday, March 23, 2015

Building Tucker & Cook by South River Modelworks Pt.4

About few weeks ago I started thinking of what vehicles to use on my Tucker & Cook diorama. I came to conclusion that the best fit would be 1920s era Jordans. I got to Walthers web site to check if there was any sale going on and noticed that quite a number of them weren't in stock with unknown delivery date. I am not sure what does it mean. Does it mean that Jordan vehicles are out of production forever or if they are being produced in runs? It was hard to get most of Preiser unpainted figure sets for about two years until they made another production run. I hope it is the case. Meanwhile I scooped up some of the last available at reasonable price from a online retailer. Don't look for them there because they are gone.
I am still waiting for the evening when I don't feel like building anything to move buildings around and come up with idea for diorama. I've been in go, go, go mode for the past few months and I have at least two good reasons for that. As for now take a look at individual buildings.












3 comments:

  1. Great looking build of this kit. ..I have so many projects and so little time considered selling my copy of this kit, butafter seeing what you have done, I decided abandon this thought. Jordan kits are normally widely available, on eBay and also a number of dealers including MB Klein (modeltrainstuff) and other on line dealers like Dr Ben's Deben LLC..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, James. I don't get sell a kit unless I have built one already. That applies even to the most boring. I believe they can be spiced up with additional details to make them look interesting.
    As far as Jordans go I panicked. All dealers get them from Walthers so if Walthers doesn't have it then dealers can't restock either. It isn't like they disappear completely just the price goes up beyond reasonable. Most Jordans on eBay have shipping attached to them so unless you buy a bundle, or have absolutely no other way to get them, or still believe that eBay prices are the best you are paying too much. Couple of weeks after I bought a bundle of kits from MB Klein they showed up at Walthers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, as you may have heard, Jordan's went out of business last year due to his passing. There hasn't been any news on someone buying the business. That's quite a loss.

    ReplyDelete