Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Project Update: Finescale Miniatures JS-13 Elijah Roth & Sons

It is no secret I sell my models after I finish them. The Elijah Roth is no exception. I scored some records with it trying to sell it on eBay. It had 200+ views and 30 watchers. Despite that my diorama didn't sell. There is no surprise though. Historical data shows that craftsman kit prices are the lowest around this time of year. Perhaps I would be better off if I held on to diorama until later this year but I had to try.
Speaking of eBay watchers, they are not an indicator of any kind. I place in my watch list all kits that I have interest in. However, that may mean I simply want to record sale in a spreadsheet. I found it to be kind of funny when one seller was going crazy because people were watching his auction and not bidding. It was one of Sierra West kits still available from Bret at the time and asking price was way above what Bret was selling for. It had no chance of selling although I've seen some surprises in the past. Nonetheless I would add the auction to my list every time it started. At first just to collect historical data, then I found listings to be entertaining. I am sure other people have different reasons for watching. I would love to find out how many are waiting to see if I will drop the price. I have no intentions to do so. The diorama is taking up shelf space that I could use for something else but I don't have to feed it so it can sit there as long as it takes...
Besides some pictures this time I have a video too. I am not sure how well it shows lighting effects. I made it in a hurry but hopefully it is enough to give an idea.
















No comments:

Post a Comment