Friday, April 4, 2014

Project Update: Tidewater Wharf by Builders in Scale

Recently amazing work of Emmanuel Nouaillier has been brought to my attention. You can see it for yourself here http://www.009.cd2.com/members/how_to/nouaillier_a.htm. Emmanuel quite regularly publishes his how-to articles in Continental Modeller magazine. Three month digital subscription to the magazine for around $16 gives you access to the back issues starting from 2011. Besides Nouaillier's work there is plenty of info on layouts from all over the world. Should I event mention that I am on board? I have three months to digest all of it and decide if I want to continue my subscription.
The another piece of news is that apparently Preiser has re-released its unpainted figure sets. It has been very hard to get them over the past few years and now I am seeing big influx on eBay. It is good news to those who like painting their own figures. I particularly like the ability to customize them. By customization I mean not only painting but changing figure features. Yes, I perform surgery on them!
Talking about main the feature of this post I am still in chaos. I am still shuttling parts and sub-assemblies of Tidewater home and back. Some of them have been sitting on my workbench for days if not weeks. I am focused on other projects when modeling at home. I really need to finish two or three projects within next few months. After this goal is achieved I will be more flexible but by then I should be done with Tidewater
as well...





No comments:

Post a Comment