Friday, May 25, 2012

Postal Service Horror

I received The Garment District kit from FOS Scale Models yesterday. When I saw the shipping box I immediately  became very concerned. One corner appeared to be crushed. I thought if some pieces got broken they could be repaired with some glue and patience. Unfortunately, I found that the box had been dropped in the water. When I opened it up I found some of the parts, roofing cardstock, manuals, roofing material, some stripwood and shingles wet. I am still assessing the damage. I may have to cut out roofing bases out. Some of them are to wavy even though I kept them under the weight until they dried. At first I thought that front wall of Seckler's had been damaged too much. When I measured it its height on one side was 92 mm and on the other 94 mm but then it shrank as it dried. One edge of it still isn't straight though. Resale value of the kit has been lowered significantly because of all this. Although I didn't intend to build TGD in the immediate future I may have to reconsider that given the fact that I may not recover the money I paid for when it sells out. Only I need to finish The Canal Street and Third and move it out. It is taking too much of my modeling space. Another big one just wouldn't fit.










No comments:

Post a Comment