Thursday, December 4, 2014

Building Clothespin and Broom Handle Factory by Micro-scale Models Pt.4

I believe in the past five years I have built enough kits for medium sized layout. I mean for moderately populated with structures. It could be more than enough for a large one if it represents large open fields, wooded areas, etc. My idea of the layout though is small to medium sized heavily urban area. I don't think 40+ kits or 50+ if counted as separate buildings would do it. It is more like 100+ structures are needed. That is 10 years before any benchwork, trackwork, wiring, scenery, rolling stock. I don't know if I can sentence myself to that. Although there is always possibility of building kits for no particular purpose like I have been doing so far and storing them in boxes instead of auctioning them off. Then 10 years later get them out and see what I can come up with. Something to think about...
Speaking of the Clothespin and Broom Handle Factory, I didn't expect the loading docks and staircases to be so time consuming. It has taken me about three weeks to do all of it. I had to re-draw them in the process because provided plans didn't match the hydrocal base close enough. To be fair to myself I should mention I also have been painting castings at the same time as well. Unlike the McGee's this kit has decent number of them.
With the Clothespin Factory behind I am looking into the future without clear idea what I am going to do next. Few months ago I had some a plan but it is possibly too late to execute it. It seems at this time the most rational thing to do would be to clean up some shelf space by finishing few old projects. Am I feeling rational?  I think I'll just toss a coin. Or perhaps I should roll a dice. 1-5 start a new kit and 6 to finish old project.










No comments:

Post a Comment